2 ¾ cups flour
½ cup white sugar
2 ½ teaspoons baking powder
salt to taste (¼ to ½ tsp.)
blueberries (fresh or frozen)
½ cup melted butter
1 cup buttermilk
2 beaten eggs
- Turn oven on to 400ºF, to pre-heat.
- Sift dry ingredients together.
- Stir in the blueberries until lightly coated with flour. How many blueberries you say? …
About that many.
- Melt the butter, and beat/whisk in the eggs and the buttermilk.
- Add the buttermilk mixture to the flour mixture, stirring just until the flour is all stirred in. The batter will be very thick, almost like a dough. (On a dry winter day, you may need to add a tiny bit more buttermilk.)
- Divide the batter among 12 greased or paper-lined muffin tins, for 12 extra large muffins. If you make them a little smaller, you can get maybe 18 medium muffins.
- Bake at 400ºF for 20-25 minutes, for extra large muffins. They will be lightly browned and they should "test done".